Steps on How to Withdraw your Pag-IBIG Fund Contributions

The Pag-IBIG ((Pagtutulungan sa kinabukasan: Ikaw, Bangko, Industriya at Gobyerno) or Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) assures its members that they have the right to refund their total accumulated savings (TAV) that includes their monthly savings, employer share and total annual dividend earnings. Despite of this, Pag-IBIG emphasized that there are certain criteria or grounds for withdrawal only for valid members.

Here are the 6 grounds for membership termination and withdrawal with Pag-Ibig Fund:

1.Membership maturity

A member is eligible for the refund if he/she has already remitted at least 240 monthly membership contribution. For Pag-Ibig Overseas Program (POP) members, they should’ve accumulated 4, 10, 15 or 20 years contribution depending on the option chosen upon membership registration.


Upon reaching the age of 65, a member should be automatically retired. But he may opt to retire due to the following circumstances.

Actual retirement from the SSS, the GSIS or a separate employer provident/retirement plan, provided the member has at least reached age 45

3.Permanent total disability or insanity

The following disabilities shall be deemed total and permanent:

Temporary total disability lasting continuously for more than 120 days;

Complete loss of sight of both eyes;

Loss of two limbs at or over the ankle or wrist;

Permanent complete paralysis of two limbs;

Brain injury resulting in incurable imbecility or insanity; and

Such other cases which are adjudged to be total and permanent disability by a duly licensed physician and approved by the Board of Trustees.

4.Termination from Service by Reason of Health

5.Permanent departure from the country


In case of death, the benefits will be divided among the member’s legal heirs in accordance with the New Civil Code as amended by the New Family Code.


Requirements for claim:

1.Application for Provident Benefits Claim (APB, HQP-PFF-040)

Pag-Ibig Transaction Card and one (1) valid ID cardwith photo and signature of Claimant

If the Pag-IBIG Transaction Card is not available, two (2) valid ID cards with photo and signature of Claimant.

Service Record (For Government Employee)

Statement of Service (ForAFP)

Additional Requirements

This additional documents shall be submitted depending on the reason for claim.

For Death

  • NSO/PSA Certified True Copyof Member’s Death Certificate
  • Notarized Proof of Surviving Legal Heirs (HQP-PFF-030)
  • NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate of all children or Baptismal/Confirmation Certificate (If with child/children)
  • Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship (HQP-PFF-028) (if with child/children below 18 years old, or if child/children is/are physically/mentally incompetent)
  • To establish kinship with the deceased member, the claimant shall submit any one of the following:
  • NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Member’s/Claimant’s Birth Certificate
  • NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Non-Availability of Birth Record and Notarized Joint Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons (HQP-PFF-029)
  • Certified True Copy of Member’s/Claimant’s Baptismal/Confirmation Certificate
  • If Member is single, Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
  • If Member is married, NSO Certified True Copy of Member’s Marriage Contract and Advisory on Marriage.

For Retirement:

Any one of the following:

  • NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate
  • NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Non-Availability of Birth Record and Notarized Joint Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons (HQP-PFF-029)
  • Notarized Certificate of Early Retirement (For Private Employee only, at least 45 years old)
  • GSIS Retirement Voucher (For Government Employee)
  • Order of Retirement (For AFP)
  • For Permanent Total Disability or Insanity/Termination from the Service by Reason of Health
  • Physician’s Certificate/Statement (With clinical or medical abstract)
  • For Permanent Departure from the Country
  • Photocopy of Passport with Immigrant Visa/Residence Visa/Settlement Visa or its equivalent
  • Notarized Sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines Permanently (HQP-PFF-031) (No need to submit if already based abroad)

Procedure on how to claim withdrawal:

Step 1: Go to the nearest Pag-Ibig Fund office

Step 2: Proceed to window 1 to inquire about fund withdrawal. Present your valid ID to the staff.

Step 3: Proceed to window 2 as instructed and wait for verification (verification for any applied housing loan or short term loan).

Step 4: Upon verification, go back to window 1 and get your Application for Provident Benefits Claim (APB, HQP-PFF-040), fill it out and give back to the staff. The staff will then process your request and you will be given a claim stub which indicates when your check is ready to pick-up.

If you are not aware of your TAV, you can always request for a print out by visiting the nearest Pag-Ibig office or send them an email at or call at  724-4244 (Pag-IBIG) – 24/7 Call Center operation.


The Pag-IBIG reserves the right to request additional documents, if deemed necessary. Processing of claims shall commence only upon submission of complete documents. In all instances wherein photocopies are submitted, the original document must be presented for authentication.

If member/claimant cannot claim personally, submit special power of attorney (HQP-PFF-033) and two (2) valid ID cards each of the principal and Attorney-in-fact.

[sc name=”Important Articles”]

Leave a Reply